Aquafaba Vegan Pisco Sour Recipe
Aquafaba is the starchy liquid in a can of chickpeas. When whipped or shaken, it creates a foamy alternative for egg white in a pisco sour.
To make a vegan pisco sour, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 oz. PiscoLogía Acholado
- 1 oz. aquafaba (the drained water from a can of unsalted garbanzo beans)
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar or ¾ oz. simple syrup
Place all ingredients in a shaker without ice. Shake for 30 seconds. Add ice and shake again. Strain into chilled glass. When foam rises, garnish with 3 drops of bitters.
Here are some tips for making a vegan pisco sour with aquafaba:
- Chill your aquafaba before shaking and straining.
- Before measuring your aquafaba, vigorously shake the unopened can of chickpeas. Next, strain the chickpeas, whisk the aquafaba and then measure. This will ensure the starches are evenly distributed throughout the liquid, allowing you to take full advantage of their whipping abilities.